COVID-19: Hours & Precautions As We Reopen
May 4, 2020
For the past 6 weeks, we have been following the recommendations of the CDC & Governor Sununu suspending routine eye care and providing only urgent care. While we treated numerous eye injuries and infections over that time, we are prepared to resume regular eye care as well now.
On Friday May 1st, Governor Sununu approved the resumption of regular eye care appointments as long as the CDC Guidelines for infection control are followed. We continue to take extensive measures to ensure the safety of our patients and our staff. These include the following steps:
- Screening our staff daily for fever, symptoms or known exposure to COVID-19.
- Requiring staff members wear a mask, gloves & eyewear.
- Not allowing staff members who are sick to come to work.
- Minimizing the number of patients in the office at any one time to guarantee social distancing. Appointments are required for all services, including selecting & picking up eyewear.
- In many situations, a staff member can deliver your contact lenses and/or eyeglasses right to your car.
- We offer free shipping to your home for most contact lens orders.
- Frequent sanitizing of all contact surfaces throughout the day and twice daily antiseptic fogging of the interior of the office.
- Screening all patients prior to entering the office for fever, symptoms or known exposures to Covid-19.
- Requiring patients to wear masks.
- Numerous hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the office.
- Utilizing Telemedicine services when applicable to keep patients from having to leave their homes.
We will have the following office hours, so you can call to schedule your appointment now (603-668-2771):
- Monday: 9 AM – 5 PM
- Tuesday: 9 AM – 5 PM
- Wednesday: 9 AM – 5 PM
- Thursday: 9 AM – 7 PM
- Friday: 9 AM – 5 PM
As always, we are available for urgent eye care consultations after hours and weekends and can be reached at 603-668-2771.
Thank-you for your continued support and best wishes for everyone’s health.