COVID-19: MacKay Vision Center Important Update & FAQ
Tuesday evening, March 17, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have recommended all routine eye care be deferred until further notice in order to slow the transmission of COVID-19 throughout our community. We will remain available to triage eye emergencies as well as help you with eye care matters during this challenging time.
We will have office hours M-F from 10 AM – 2PM to check our voice messages, answer emails, answer calls and see those patients requiring urgent care.
During this period of social distancing and quarantine, we must all do our part by restricting activities outside the home except for getting medical care. Routine Eye Exams: If you are scheduled for a routine eye examination appointment for the remainder of March and early April, we will postpone your appointment. As of March 20, 2020, we will begin postponing routine eye examination appointments. We do not know when we will get the “All Clear” from the CDC, but when that time comes we will contact all patients whose appointments were postponed to reschedule them.
- I need to replace my glasses. What do I do? Please contact us by phone: 668-2771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We may be able to extend your prescription during this time and will help you with your eyewear needs.
- I’m nearly out of contact lenses. What do I do? Please contact us by phone: 668—2771 or email: email@example.com. We may be able to extend your prescription during this time, and/or place an order for your contact lenses and have them delivered to your house or arrange a parking-lot pick up during our reduced office hours.
- I need a refill on the medication prescribed to me by the practice. What do I do? Please contact us by phone: 668-2771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We can transmit a refill for your prescription directly to your pharmacy so that you have the medication that you need.
- I have an issue. It cannot wait until you can see me in the office. What can I do? If you have an issue that cannot wait for an office visit, contact us by phone: 668-2771 and we will schedule a telephone appointment with one of our doctors. Insurers have relaxed the requirements for this type of care during the pandemic and will allow for reimbursement of Tele-health care costs. The consultation must be initiated at your request.
- What about an eye emergency? What can I do? If you have an ocular emergency, we are, as always, available to help you at any time. Call 668-2771 and wait for instructions at the end of the message.